The Partido ng Demokratikong Pilipino (PDP-Laban) in the province will soon commence its search for the official candidates who will be running for elected positions during next year’s polls.
Former Panglao Mayor Doloreich Dumaluan, PDP-Laban provincial president for Bohol said he was given marching orders by Sen. Koko Pimentel, PDP Laban national president to “prepare” the ground works for the fielding of complete slates in the provincial down to the municipal level.
The instruction was made during the PDP Leadershp Assembly held at the GSIS Building in Pasay City last Friday where Pres. Rodrigo Duterte was the keynote speaker.
Dumaluan is also the secretary general for the Visayas.
Also in attendance during the party assembly were Rep. Art Yap and Vice Gov. Dionisio Balite.
Last termer Rep. is groomed to run for governor while Balite will be gunning for congressman in the third district,
He said the party will soon convene in a provincial assembly.
Dumaluan said the President categorically said he will support the candidates who will be advocates of Federalism. The President vowed to be actively involve in next year’s elections while he warned politicians against having their own goons in the coming election. The Preisdent will tap the government law enforcing agencies to ensure a clean election.
During the PDP-Laban Assembly, the President announced the party’s probable senatorial bets which he categorized into three:
- Sen. Aquilino “Koko” Pimentel III
- Special assistant to the President Christopher “Bong” Go
- Presidential political adviser Francis Tolentino
- Rep. Karlo Nograles (Davao City)
- Rep. Zajid “Dong” Mangudadatu (Maguindanao)
- Rep. Monsour Del Rosario (Makati)
- Rep. Dakila Carlo “Dax” Cua (Quirino)
- Broadcast journalist Jiggy Manicad
- Singer Freddie Aguilar
Friends of PDP-Laban
- Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio
- Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque
- Bureau of Corrections Director Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa
- Actor and former Sen. Lito Lapid
- Rep. Pia Cayetano (Taguig)
- Actor Robin Padilla
- Former Interior Secretary Rafael “Raffy” Alunan
- Columnist Ramon Tulfo
- Sen. Cynthia Villar
- Sen. JV Ejercito
- Sen. Sonny Angara
- Sen. Grace Poe
- Sen. Nancy Binay
The party’s president, Sen. Pimentel III, last month officially asked President Rodrigo Duterte to review and finalize its senatorial lineup for the 2019 midterm elections.
Duterte is the national chairman of PDP-Laban