NTC: Signal shutdown for Sinulog will not affect Bohol

Bohol will not be affected with the impending shutdown of cellular phone signal in Cebu during the celebration of the Sinulog Festival in Cebu City, a local National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) official said.

The signal shutdown for the event will only cover Cebu City on January 19 and 20, said NTC Bohol officer-in-charge Engr. Dennis Rocamora on Monday, contrary to a previous announcement made by authorities.

“Dili mawala [signal] kay ang i-shutdown ang rota raman sa Sinulog diha sa Cebu City,” Rocamora said.

 ADVERTISEMENT 

Bohol is not dependent on signal from Cebu City as telecommunication networks have cell sites in the province.

Rocamora said that telecommunication firms have also confirmed that Bohol will not be affected.

“Daghan man ta’g tower sa Smart ug Globe diha sa Tagbilaran ug Bohol wala tay problema diha,” he added.

The NTC official made the statement after Cebu City Police Office chief Sr. Supt. Royina Garma earlier on Monday said that the signal shutdown for the festival will affect areas near Cebu City including some towns in Bohol.

Last year, cell signal was shut down in Cebu City but Bohol appeared to have not been affected.

“Wala may na receive nga complain gikan sa Bohol last year nga gi-shutdown ang cell site,” Rocamora said.

The deactivation of cell phone signals has been part of the security measures being imposed by the police in Cebu City during the Sinulog Festival which is known to draw throngs of revelers including both locals and tourists. (A. Doydora)



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *