Tagbilaran house fire leaves P300K in damages

A two-story house was gutted by an almost hour-long fire which broke out in Tagbilaran City at past 4:30 a.m. on Wednesday, fire authorities said.

The blaze started due to unattended cooking inside the dirty kitchen of a house owned by Isabel Pusta, 70, in Brgy. Manga, said SFO1 Miel Lopena of the Tagbilaran City Fire Station based on their initial probe.

According Lopena, the blaze was declared under control at 5:20 a.m.

 ADVERTISEMENT 

No one was injured during the incident as people inside the semi-concrete house were woken up by neighbors who were shouting due to the fire.

Lopena said that the fire left P300,000 in property damages.

Almost all of Pusta’s belongings were burned due to the blaze as her family was only able to salvage a television set during the incident, Lopena added.

The fire did not spread to other houses in the village. (RT)



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *