A 27-year-old man died on Tuesday afternoon due to electrocution as he was working on the roof of a chapel in Cortes town.
The fatality, identified as Roland Patos, Jr. of Cortes was still rushed to a hospital but was declared dead on arrival, said Chief Master Sgt. Menchie Boctoto of the Cortes Police Station.
Patos along with one Murillo Ybanez was installing the gutter of the chapel of Ancillae Trinitatis Learning Center Inc. in Barangay Salvador when he was electrocuted.
“Naa siya sa roof unya basin na-slide to siya. Posibli nakahawid ni siya og live wire, main line g’yud mismo kay duol ra kaayo sa [chapel],” said Boctoto.
Ybanez and passersby in the area immediately alerted the authorities.
The town’s municipal ambulance was deployed to the area and rushed the victim to the Governor Celestino Gallares Memorial Hospital in Tagbilaran City but he was declared dead by the attending physician at about 3:00 p.m., less than an hour after the electrocution. (C. Remolador)