adplus-dvertising
31 cops, 27 local officials in Duterte’s drug list surrender to PNP Chief

31 cops, 27 local officials in Duterte’s drug list surrender to PNP Chief

Topic |  

31 cops, 27 local officials in Duterte’s drug list surrender to PNP Chief

Topic |  
 ADVERTISEMENT 

Philippine National Police Chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa said Monday the inclusion of police officers among the 163 persons in President Rodrigo R. Duterte’s illegal drug list has infuriated him.

”The mere fact na nabanggit ang mga pangalan nila, whether or not totoo yun or hindi, ako ay nagagalit dahil nasisira yung organization namin (The mere fact that their names were mentioned in the list, whether or not the allegations are true, makes me furious because this would destroy the police organization),” dela Rosa told reporters during a press conference as 31 PNP personnel and 27 local officials named by President Rodrigo R. Duterte, gave themselves up in Camp Crame.

The police chief also threatened to kill the police officers if they return to their alleged illegal activities.

He noted that the cooperation promised by those who surrendered would increase the war on illegal drugs’ chances of winning.

 ADVERTISEMENT 

Dela Rosa noted that the names of these policemen and local officials came from an initial list that went through a validation workshop by the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), PNP, Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the intelligence service.

The PNP Chief said those who yielded on Monday will undergo documentation and investigation to validate PNP intelligence on their alleged activities.

The Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) will investigate elected officials while the Internal Affairs Service (IAS) and the Directorate for Personnel and Records Management (DPRM) will investigate the PNP personnel.

Asked if the erring police officers and officials would be allowed to go home after the investigation, dela Rosa said it would depend on the results of the PNP investigation and if the CIDG obtains evidence that could become the basis for filing charges against them.

Those who reported to Camp Crame came from various regions of the country, with some coming from as far north as Ilocos and as far south as Maguindanao and Zamboanga.

All incumbent local officials named by President Duterte had been stripped of authority to exercise direct supervision and control over the local police forces as deputized officials of the National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM).

 ADVERTISEMENT 

All active PNP personnel, on the other hand, will be investigated by their respective units. They have been directed to turn in the firearms issued to them.

 ADVERTISEMENT 

On Sunday night, Cebu’s second Most Wanted Drug Personality, Franz Sabalones, surrendered to dela Rosa. Sabalones has admitted that he had assumed control of Cebu’s drug trade after the death of drug kingpin Jeffrey “Jaguar” Diaz during an encounter with police.

PNP spokesperson, Sr. Supt. Dionardo B. Carlos, said more personalities in the list were expected to show up in Camp Crame within the day.(PNA)

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply