A house of a 91-year-old woman in Barangay Poblacion, Maribojoc was gutted by a fire which left around P200,000 in property damage on Thursday.
According to Maribojoc police, the fire broke out past 1 p.m. and was put out 30 minutes later.
However, the firetruck from the Maribojoc Fire Station reportedly ran out of water in the course of the 30-minute operation prompting firemen from neighbor town Loon to help in controlling the blaze.
There were no reported injuries during the incident as residents of the house immediately evacuated including home owner Regina Redulla, 91.
Redulla was reportedly assisted out by her caretaker immediately after a blast was heard from the second floor of the house.
Police said that the fire was triggered by faulty electrical wirings and that the house was made of light materials causing the blaze to quickly spread.
None of Redulla and her caretakerâ€™s belongings were spared by the blaze as no one was around to help them carry their things out even important items including their clothes.
The local government of Maribojoc has offered to extend aid to the fire victims. (Allen Doydora)