Two remnants of the band of Abu Sayyaf men who infiltrated Bohol last month are still in the province but could either be dead or alive, said the Bohol Provincial Police Office (BPPO) director.
According to Sr. Supt. Felipe Natividad, the extremists have not escaped the province and are likely to be hiding in the province’s hinterlands particular in caves.
However, Natividad also did not discount the possibility that one or both have died due to injuries sustained and hunger.
Last week, authorities reported that slain Abu Sayyaf bandit Saad Samad Kiram who appeared emaciated surfaced and knocked on doors of residents in a village in Tubigon to ask for food.
He was captured alive on Thursday last week but was gunned down the next day by authorities after the suspect allegedly escaped from police escorts then resisted arrest when cops caught up with him.
According to Natividad, residents continue to relay information on the suspected whereabouts of the remaining Abu Sayyaf militants.
Natividad also warned the public of possible retaliatory attacks which the bandit group is known to have previously carried out.
He urged residents to remain alert in reporting to authorities suspicious activities and personalities.
Earlier, Natividad said that Kiram had been cooperative as he provided information to authorities.
The details divulged however were already mostly known by the police while Kiram also said that he parted ways with the two other bandits after the clash in Clarin on April 22. (Rey Tutas)