A fire which broke out at around 8:20 p.m. on Friday evening razed a house at Upper Candait, Barangay Dampas in Tagbilaran City.
According to FO2 Dennis Calonia, fire and arson investigator of the Tagbilaran City Fire Station, the fire was believed to have been triggered by faulty electrical wirings.
The house made of light materials and owned by one Emiliano Quebec was almost burned to the ground when firemen arrived.
Fire operatives were reportedly not able to put out the blaze immediately due to the narrow path leading to the burning house.
Firetrucks were unable to go near the structure while several hoses were needed to reach the flames, authorities said.
At the fire’s onset, residents were unable to notice the flames as there was no one inside the burning structure while there were only children inside the house next to it.
According to Calonia, the fire left around P60,000 in property damages but no one was hurt during the incident.
Following the incident, the local fire department reiterated its call for residents to regularly check electrical wirings in homes and identify and eliminate fire hazards. (Rey Tutas and Allen Doydora)