A fire that broke out at a residential area in Tagbilaran City reportedly due to faulty electrical connection left P160,000 worth of property damages, a Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) official said.
According to FO1 Dominique De Castro, BFP Tagbilaran arson investigator, the blaze along Espuelas Ext. Street in Tagbilaran City erupted at past 9 a.m. on Monday and was declared fire out an hour after at 10:10 a.m.
Four houses, which were all made of light materials, were razed to the ground by the fire, said De Castro.
Three motorcycles were also burned down, but the costs of the vehicles were not yet included in the initial estimation of the damage worth.
Based on the BFP’s initial investigation, the blaze erupted due to a malfunctioning improvised water vending machine which suddenly caught fire.
The said device, owned by one of the residents in the fire-hit area, Vivian Lagera, had been showing signs of electrical problems prior to the fire, authorities said.
De Castro said that the BFP is still conducting a follow-up investigation on the incident but he confirmed that no one was injured during the incident. (A. Doydora)