At least eight Boholanos passed the November 2020 Physician Licensure Examination (PLE) administered earlier this month month, according to a partial list obtained by the Chronicle.
The eight passers who trace their roots to Bohol were among the 3,538 medicine graduates who passed the exams.
The new Boholano doctors are the following:
- Maria Paula Patricia Butalid – University of Santo Tomas
- Celine Anne Espina – Cebu Doctors’ University
- Reinarose Lacea – Cebu Doctors’ University
- Ryan Michael Inting – Cebu Doctors’ University
- Angielle Hillary Lungay – Cebu Institute of Medicine
- Mariale Yasmin Salces – University of the Philippines-Manila
- Charles Brian Conarco – Far Eastern University-Manila
- Alec Cristi Mende – University of Cebu
Meanwhile, the Cebu Institute of Medicine, the independently administered medical school arm of Velez College, was named the top performing school for the November, 2020 PLE with a 100 percent passing rate.
The Cebu City-based institution was followed by UP Manila (98.63%), Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health (98.60%), Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (97.58%), and University of Santo Tomas with (95.61%).
According to the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC), 4,704 individuals took the PLE.
The medicine graduates took the exams in various centers in the cities of Manila, Baguio, Cagayan De Oro, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Legazpi, Lucena, Tacloban, Tuguegarao and Zamboanga.
The PLE was administered by the Board of Medicine including Dr. Eleanor B. Almoro, Chairman; Dr. Godofreda V. Dalmacion, Dr. Zenaida L. Antonio, Dr. Rafael R. Castillo, Dr. Raquel S. Sayo and Dr. Martha O. Nucum. (RT)