President Rodrigo Duterte offered a P1-million reward for information that would lead to whereabouts of each Abu Sayaff bandit who survived the clash in Inabanga last week.
The President said civilians are welcome to get their share of the bounty and help authorities in going after the remaining militants who escaped from government troops.
â€œAng order ko is dead or alive,â€ said Duterte in a security briefing in Tagbilaran City on Wednesday. â€œI have a P1 million offer per person.â€
Duterte told the public to report information on the Abu Sayyaf members to authorities, including the police and military who will take action against the militants.
The President however also said that civilians who kill members of the Al-Queda-linked group need not worry as long they submit a report to the police.
On Monday, Col. Adolfo Espuelas of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) Intelligence Service said that a â€œconcerned citizenâ€ offered a P100,000 reward for the capture of each Abu Sayyaf member.
The encounter between government security forces and around 12 militants in Inabanga last week led to the deaths of a policeman, three soldiers and four suspected Abu Sayyaf members including Abu Rami, a sub-leader of the bandit group.
The security briefing on Wednesday was held at the Multipurpose Hall of the Tagbilaran City Port.
It was attended by Cabinet Sec. Jun Evasco, Defense Sec. Delfin Lorenzana, Executive Sec. Salvador Medialdea, Trade Sec. Ramon Lopez, Budget Sec. Benjamin Diokno, DILG Usec. Catalino Cuy, Sec. Bong Go, AFP chief General Eduardo Aá¿†o, PNP chief Ronald dela Rosa, Gov. Edgar Chatto, Tagbilaran City Vice Mayor Toto Veloso and Mayor Roygie Jumamoy of Inabanga. (Rey Tutas)