Family of injured boy no longer filing case vs Dauis vice mayor

Screencap of live interview of Dauis Vice Mayor Luciano Bongalos with Raffy Tulfo over TV5

The family of the 10-year-old boy who was allegedly hit by a piece of wood thrown by Dauis Vice Mayor Luciano Bongalos will no longer file a complaint against the public official.

Bambie Dumado, the boy’s mother, said that she will not press charges against Bongalos after he personally apologized for the incident.

 ADVERTISEMENT 

Dumado and Bongalos met after TV5 broadcaster Raffy Tulfo called the vice mayor for a televised interview on Tuesday.

“Bambie, sorry sa nahitabo. Mag-storya ta. Pwede ka mo-ari sa akoa personally para magstorya ta ug willing ko mo-hatag og assistance sa inyoha. Kahibaw ko sa inyohang sitwasyon karon,” Bongalos said during the interview addressing Dumado.

According to Dumado, she signed an affidavit before the public attorney’s office confirming that she will no longer file a complaint against the vice mayor.

“Ako sab, di ko ganahan og samok. Samok na man gud kaayo. Igo na tong nag-Tulfo mi. At least naka-ingon siya na siya g’yud ang nibuhat agto. Ang akong gusto na mi-ingon siya,” Dumado said.

Bongalos paid for the hospital bill and medicine of Dumado’s injured son, she added.

He also offered to pay for hospital expenses for Dumado’s other son who was treated for a gallbladder complication.

Last week, a video showing Dumado’s 10-year-old son accusing Bongalos of throwing a piece of wood at him and hitting him in the forehead went viral over Facebook.

The boy alleged that Bongalos threw a piece of wood at him twice outside the vice mayor’s property in Dauis on August 18. He was hit during the second throw.

The boy needed four stitches to close up a bloody gash in his forehead. (AD)



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *