Paradigm stands still in the cityâ€™s score on peace and order despite the two recent shooting incidents recorded in just an interval of one week.
Shooting incidents, drug raids and buy-bust operations already became staple news in circulation, but the city chief of police assured authorities remain on top of the situation.
Police Superintendent George Vale, city chief of police, however, assured to track down the perpetrators behind different shooting incidentsâ€”most of them theorized by investigators as drug-relatedâ€”to solve the heap of crimes in the file.
The support from the city government boostedÂ the drive against criminality, according to Vale.
He said the police expect new patrol cars to be provided by the city government that would be useful in conducting rounds in strategic areas to deter crimes.
Vale also reiterated his appeal to the public to cooperate in addressing criminality and in the campaign against illegal drugs.
Drug cases can prosper if concerned citizens and parties privy to the illegal operation provide vital information, Vale cited.
Earlier, Police Senior Superintendent Dennis Agustin, the police provincial director, said enforcement of traffic rules and regulations is a major factor in preventing crimes, considering that the shooting incidents–topping the concerns–had mostly been undertaken by riding in tandem and even by criminals onboard SUVs.
The latest in the record was the shooting incident at around 7:30 p.m. on June 22 along CPG North Avenue in barangay Booy, Tagbilaran City.
Again, investigators linked the incident to illegal drugs.
Investigators identified the victim as oneÂ Rey Abello Baynas, a 38-year-old native of barangay Cambiohan in Danao City, Cebu.
He sustained gunshot wound to his right ear.
The victim had a tattoo on his right leg and another on his right shoulder.
Scene of the Crime Operatives (SOCO) recovered a caliber .45 firearm tucked in the waistband of the victimâ€™s short pants, magazines with 14 caliber .45 ammunitions.
Investigators theorized that the assailant must have been quick enough that the victim failed to defend himself using his firearm.
The gunman might not be from Bohol, because he did not bother covering his face during the incident, confident that no one would recognize him, according to the police.
Vale told DYRD Tagbilaran by Night that the victimâ€™s wife had told the police that he (victim) had been using shabu and had been selling such at the same time.
The wife also confirmed that the victim had a caliber .45 firearm, because the latter had been under threat, Vale added.
The chief of police also said the wife had it placed in the blotter thrice already that the victim would poke a gun on her everytime he was high on drugs.
The wife also said the victim would even hurt their children, Vale added.
The shooting incident came after another one recorded in the evening of July 14 inside an eatery beside the Camp Dagohoy compound.
According to Vale, the name of the 37-year-old victim,Â Reynaldo Pocoy, appeared in the bluebook recovered from a drug personality, Artemio Tare Jr.–who got killed in August last year.
While fleeing onboard a Southern Star bus, Tare was killed by cops at a checkpoint in Guindulman two days after killing a cop who joined a team that swooped down an alleged drug den at sitio Ubos of Poblacion 1, this city.
Pocoy, who wasÂ a resident of Poblacion 3, this city, sustained two gunshot wounds on the back portion of the head that went through the left cheek.(Angeline Valencia)