A 24-year-old Boholano topped the 2018 Physician Licensure Examination administered by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) in September and October this year. The results of the test were released last Tuesday.
Dr. Kurl Eduvas Jamora who topped the board exam with a rating of 91.08 is a native of Barangay Buyog, Jagna town. He completed his medical studies at the De La Salle University Medical & Health Sciences Institute. He is the son of Aida Eduvas.
The board topnotcher attended the Buyog Primary School in Jagna and St. La Salle Integrated School in Bacolod City for his elementary and high school education, respectively. He earned his Bachelor of Science in Human Biology at the De La Salle University and graduated summa cum laude.
He then obtained his medical degree at DLSU-Dasmariñas and was honored as magna cum laude.
Meanwhile, 10 other Boholanos also passed the medical board exams based on a partial list obtained by the Chronicle.
- Dr. Janelyn Cero
- Dr. Kristine Marie Villacastin
- Dr. Benito Nino Yap.
- Dr. Trisha Mae E. Labunog
- Dr. Simmona Louise M. Nazareno (University of Santos Tomas)
- Dr. Gene Marie D. Egos (University of the Visayas Gullas College of Medicine)
- Dr. John Eleazar (Cebu Doctors University), Dr. Marie Louise D. Oppus (University of the Visayas Gullas College of Medicine)
- Dr. Mae Therese Z. Relampagos (Cebu Doctors University)
- Dr. Rovi Valerie B. Baguhin