Nine contingents will battle for supremacy in the Kuradang and Street Dancing Competition, one of the main events in the month-long Sandugo Festival, in Tagbilaran City on Saturday.
The event, which will be the fourth edition of the competition which will feature the “Bangga sa Kuradang” tilt is themed “Paglig-on sa Bol-anong kasayasayang alang sa kalinaw ug panaghiusa.”
Among the participants are two guest contingents, defending champion Barangay Napo, Loon which is sponsored by AirAsia, and Tribu Ilonganon, a group backed by the Dinagyang Foundation and a consistent participant of the Dinagyang Festival in Iloilo.
According to Carmen Gatal, the organizer of the Kuradang and Street Dancing Competition, the following are the participating contingents:
1. Anda High School of Anda
2. Catigbian LGU through the Hagbuaya National High School
3. Saint Anthony Academy of Carmen
4. Dimao LGU through the Dimiao National High School
5. Catigbian National High School of Catigbian
6. Tubigon LGU
7. Baclayon LGU through the Baclayon National High School
8. Napo, Loon sponsored by AirAsia Philippines
9. Tribu Ilonganon sponsored by Dinagyang Foundation
Gatal said that the street dancing segment of the competition will start at 3 p.m. at Plaza Rizal which will serve as the assembly area. The participants will march and dance their way to the Carlos P. Garcia Sports Complex.
The champion will get P300,000 and a trophy, while the first and second runners-up will get P250,000 and P200,000, respectively.
Consolation awards will be given to the non-winning participants. (AD)