‘Time to modernize farming’ – Art Yap

Topic |  

‘Time to modernize farming’ – Art Yap

Topic |  
 ADVERTISEMENT 
Yap
Yap

Farmers can spare themselves from the losses brought about by calamities by modernizing their equipment.

This underlines the continued distribution of farm equipment by Third District Rep. Arthur Yap.

In fact, Yap has facilitated P8.2-million worth of farm equipment to farmers in the third district under the rice mechanization and post-harvest program of the Department of Agriculture.

The P8.2-million project that Yap worked out last year will be implemented this year.

 ADVERTISEMENT 

Among them are hand tractors at P130,000 each with 15-percent counterpart from beneficiary associations for Poblacion Norte Farmers Association in Poblacion Norte, Batuan; Small Coconut Farmer’s Organization in Cambacay, Batuan; Roxas Irrigator’s Association in Roxas, Bilar; Nueva Vida Sur Farmer’s Association in Carmen; Tugas-Guioang-Ponod Irrigator’s Association in Candijay; in Katipunan Farmer’s Association in Anda; La Salvacion Farmer’s Association in Carmen; Rizal Farmer’s Association in Bilar; Cabacnitan Multi-Purpose Cooperative in Batuan; Estaca Proper Irrigator’s Association in Pilar; New Abachanan Consumers Cooperative in Sierra Bullones; Bugang Sur Farmers Association in Bilar; and Lundag Farmer’s Association in Anda.

Yap also facilitated funds for rice threshers with blower and shaker at P130,000 each, also with 15-percent counterpart from the beneficiary associations.

Among the recipients are Calingganay-Caningag Irrigator’s Association in Poblacion, Alicia; Progreso Farmer’s Association in Alicia; Sta. Cruz United People’s Multi-Purpose Cooperative in Batuan; Cansumbol Farmer’s Association in Bilar; Carmen Multi-Purpose Cooperative in Carmen; La Salvacion Farmer’s Association in Carmen; Nueva Vida Sur Farmer’s Association in Carmen; Montesunting Del Carmen MPC in Carmen; Guadalupe Farmers MPC in Carmen; Macaagas Irrigator’s Association in Pilar; Basan Irrigator’s Association in Pilar; Estaca Proper Irrigator’s Association in Pilar; New Abachanan Consumers Cooperative in Sierra Bullones; Inaghuban Pilar Bohol MPC in Pilar; Montesuerte Small Farmers and Irrigators Association in Carmen; Poblacion Pilar Women’s Association in Pilar; and Pinganon-Banderahan-Ginopolan Isa in Valencia.

Other projects are Multi-Purpose Drying Pavement given a grant of P250,000 each for Kawasan Cayacay Irrigators Association in Alicia; Kasabuena Irrigators Association in Alicia; Bagasico Irrigators Association in Poblacion, Alicia; Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Marketing Cooperative in La Hacienda, Alicia; Cambaol Farmers Multi-Purpose Cooperative in Alicia; Mayana Irrigators Association in Jagna; Lonoy Irrigators Association in Jagna; Lundag Eskaya Tribe MPC in Pilar; Cabacnitan Multi-Purpose Cooperative in Batuan; Small Coconut Farmer’s Organization in Batuan; Buyog Women’s Association in Jagna; Hinawanan Women’s Association in Loay; Cabugnayan Abaca Mabini Irrigators Association in Abaca, Mabini; Yanaya Irrigators Credit Cooperative in Bilar; and Nan-od Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries MPC in Sierra Bullones.

Yap thanked DA for heeding his requests to grant these projects for the farmers in his district.

“Planting loses reach 15 percent. Hence, if farmers will use modern farming equipment, this 15 percent loss will be avoided.  This 15 percent will translate into additional income for our farmers.  Moreover, these farm equipment will not only increase farmer’s income, but will also increase rice production,” according to Yap.

 ADVERTISEMENT 

Under the DA Rice Mechanization and Post-Harvest Modernization Program, the government through—-DA—-procures various farm production and post-harvest machinery and equipment, which will be provided to qualified irrigators’ associations, farmers’ groups and cooperatives through a counterparting scheme where DA shoulders up to 85 percent of the equipment cost, while the remaining 15 percent serves as the equity or local counterpart of the beneficiaries.

 ADVERTISEMENT 

Through this program, Yap said the farmers would be “able to perform various farm and post harvest activities faster and more efficiently. Hence, they would be able to produce more harvest and increase their income”.

5 Comments

  1. victor odarve victor odarve June 17, 2015

    I have not seen Multipurpose Drying Pavement project in Mayana, Jagna with a grant of P250, 000 to Mayana Irrigators Association in Jagna. I hope that this project is evaluated and monitored by the government.

    • Uba Uba July 4, 2015

      selective ang pagpili ng town ahh…base ba sa nakuhang boto?

      (farmer’s association, farmers’ or much better waĺa na lang apostrophe cguro…mas appropriate pa..hane?)

  2. ruffy ruffy June 17, 2015

    And who is working for the farmers of the first district?

Leave a Reply

error: Content is protected !!