Itâ€™s not sure if former Tagbilaran Mayor Dan Lim will run for mayor (or congressman) and so did Maribojoc Mayor Leoncio Evasco, Jr. for Â board member (or congressman) of Boholâ€™s first district.Â Booy Captain Eutorgio â€œJunâ€ Telmo seems to enjoy keeping people guessing whether he will runÂ for councilor in Tagbilaran or not. Â According to reports, Kap Telmo is not really interested but people close to him are pushing him intoâ€¦running?
â€œPolitics is addicting,â€ said my media friend who heard that some of our friends are thinking if they will file their certificates of candidacy (COC) tomorrow, Oct. 12 (until the 18th).
â€œItâ€™s a good thing that some media friends got back to their senses,â€ s/he said.
My unsolicited advice to them?
Donâ€™t!Â Ha! Ha! Ha!
Anyway, hereâ€™s a partial list of political luminaries who have made known their intention to run in the 2016 elections:
- Erstwhile Carmen Mayor Che Toribio- De los Reyes for representative (against incumbent Art Yap)
- Doxson Asoy for mayor of San Isidro
- Former Panglao Mayor Doloreich Dumaluan for mayor (against incumbent Nila Montero)
- Former Panglao Mayor Dodong Alcala for vice mayor (against incumbent Pedro Fuertes)
- Former Sierra-Bullones Mayor Renfredo Buslon for mayor
- Former Loboc Vice-Mayor Artemio Delfin for Mayor (against incumbent Helen Alaba)
…And hereâ€™s a list of those running for reelection:
- Gov. Edgar Chatto
- Vice-Gov. Conching Lim
- Rep. Rene Relampagos
- Rep. Aris Aumentado
- Rep. Art Yap
- Panglao Mayor Leonila Montero
- Panglao Vice Mayor Pedro Fuertes
- Dauis Mayor Marietta “Miriam Tocmo-Sumaylo
- Dauis Vice-MayorÂ Luciano â€œLuluâ€ Bongalos
- Tagbilaran Mayor Baba Yap
- Tagbilaran Vice-Mayor Toto Veloso
- Tubigon Mayor Marlon Amila
- Sevilla Mayor Ernesita Digal
- Â Sierra-Bullones Mayor Dodie Maestrado
- Â Clarin Mayor Allen Ray Piezas
- Â Getafe Mayor Casey Shaun Camacho
EJ goes to England
â€œThe United Kingdom is a great place to visit,â€ said fashion icon EJ Relampagos Â who is visiting the four kingdoms of UKâ€”four days in England, three days in Wales, three days in Scotland and three days in Ireland.
He said thatÂ England, Scotland, Wales and the Offshore Islands offer a host of great vacation and holiday destinations with something for everyone.
â€œThe weather here is predictably unpredictable! Â Nevertheless, I think the UK weather loves me. Every time I’m on tour, the sun shines! Fair enough!â€ said EJ.
In England, he visited the Stonehenge, Big Ben, Windsor Castle,Â Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, London Eye, St. Paulâ€™s Cathedral (where Prince Charles and Lady Di were married in 1981), Westminster Abbey, Tower of London, Royal Courts of Justice and the Tower Bridge. Grosvenor (â€œPronounced with a silent â€˜sâ€™,â€ said EJ) was a good place for another adventure.
â€œI experienced the London Eye which gives me the full aerial view of the City,â€ said EJ.
I asked EJ, â€œDid you visit The Queen?â€ Â He said, â€œUnfortunately, the queen was not around when I visited the Buckingham Palace. I should know because the flag was not up at the top of the castle.â€
EJ said that Wales, Scotland and Ireland are not popular tourist destinations but he said Scotland is the most beautiful so far.
â€œI love UK, itâ€™s a totally different setting compared to the other countries I have visited before,â€ he said.
When EJ was online on FB last night, I asked him if how his tour was.
â€œMy trip so far has been very hectic but a lot of fun and surprises,â€ he said.
â€œDid you cross London Bridge?â€Â I asked.
EJ told me, â€œIÂ cross the London Bridge and Tower Bridge through a tourist shuttle.â€
But he assured me that London BridgeÂ isÂ still there. (Remember the nursery rhyme?)
EJ said, â€œNo, London Bridge is not falling down. The Queen had it fixed already!Â Ha! Ha! Ha!â€
Thanks for your letters, all will be answered. Comments welcome at email@example.com, follow leoudtohan at Twitter /Facebook.