Scene:Â At least a total of 85 students of Villa Teresita Elem. School in Ubay town were treated for suspected food poisoning on Friday (Jan. 15), after eating â€œampawâ€ (popped rice). According to school principal Saturnina Mapute, students complained of severe abdominal pain, headache, dizziness and vomiting. â€œThey are now safe,â€ she said.
Scene: Spotted in Bohol last week was comedienne Giselle Sanchez.
Scene:Â The singing policeman PO3 Janew Villame has become a sensation after bus passengers listened to him with admiration while belting out Yoyoy Villameâ€™s songs at the Integrated Bus Terminal. Itâ€™s his way of educating people about the dangers of illegal drugs while trying to keep police-community relations closer. Fact: He is the grandson of Yoyoy Villame, the king of novelty songs.
*Â Â *Â Â *
Astrologers, feng shui experts and die-hard believers of horoscope said that great unexpected fortune will find its way in the Year of the Red Monkey (which will officially start on Feb. 8).
2016 is a period of renewed fighting spirit, they added.
White, blue and gold are lucky colors of 2016.
And as tradition is hard to break, VRS is up with its annual â€œTagna-tagnaâ€ for the 2016. Modesty aside, last yearâ€™s â€œtagna-tagnaâ€ was 98 percent credible! Clap! Clap! Clap!
Now, letâ€™s take a quick look at what the notorious and the famous Boholanos have in store for them for the Year of the Monkey.
- Finally, former beauty queen Anna Maris Igpit and her Aussie football player Thomas Taylor will march down the aisle this year.
- The stork will pay former child actress Rebecca Lusterio/Thomas Mejiso, Karen Digal/Doxson Asoy, Chandrina Elluiska Schreurs/Abdul Wallace and Jenissa Laguda Peteros/Dave Maulas a surprise visit .
- A fashion show which is very â€œbonggaâ€ will feature Boholano fashion artists and couturiersâ€”Shanon Pamaong , Maximiel Tallo, Omie Auza, EJ Relampagos, Jong Magallano, Omie Auza, Henry Baron, Rhigel Dulfo and Tracy Remolador Torresâ€”Â to display their artistic collections! And another art exhibit for our Boholano artists, too!
- Tableya Princess Dalareich Polot will remain loveless even sheâ€™s worth ginto!
- dyRDâ€™s Glee Orcullo will release a new album. Itâ€™s a sequel of â€œUnang Gugmaâ€ that will re-open love wounds.
- Poet and community organizer Nestor Pestelos, Direk Maryo delos Reyes and cultural icon Lutgardo Labad will have a busy, busy good year.
- Pinoy Aquaman Ingemar Macarine will make a world-breaking record.
- The Touch of April of Dr. April Lumuthang-Froilan will have a new clinic to beautify the province.
- Something big for Gian Ale will happen this year.
- Something â€œbigâ€ is in store for AR dela Serna….and another student cum model will shine in the modelling world.
- Beauty queen Imaculada Cleofe Leopardas will be the face of a new beauty soap in the market and a popular website.
*Â Â *Â Â *
And now, the blind items:
- A former high-ranking official whose influence is highly visible will make an â€œimportant announcementâ€ in the early months of the year.
- The wedding of a couple who announced their engagement in 2015 will either not be pushed through or will be postponed indefinitely. The bride-to-be will cry a river of the shocking news!
- Another big scandal will shake the political scene!
- For the first radio program for kids and about kids will air this year.
- Great news: Despite financial constraints, an international film festival will be held in Bohol. Perhaps, it will win accolades in international film festivals.
- The crystal ball said that a new talent from Bohol will make name this year. He/she will give honor the province.
- Bohol will produce more topnotchers in the field of education, nursing and engineering.
- A young and flamboyant high-ranking official will â€œoutâ€ himself. You see your true colors. True colors are beautiful. Like a rainbow.
- A young politician will find himself in a headline-hogging controversy.
- A popular radio program will undergo a major revamp. Note: There will a new additional host.
- A popular couple will break up but wonâ€™t say why while another couple might reconcile after letting bygones be bygones.
- A beauty pageant will draw controversies. Take it! Take it!
- A beauty queen will make a â€œcontroversialâ€ announcement! Dios mio!
- Women who are running in the May elections will have a reason to celebrate.
- The winner for Bohol governor has letters â€œOâ€ and â€œE,â€ while for the Vice-Governor, the winner has letters â€œOâ€, â€œIâ€, â€œLâ€, â€œEâ€ and â€œNâ€.
Note: Â I donâ€™t claim to be 100 per cent accurate. As I said, these are all â€œtagna-tagnaâ€ and I could be wrong, you know. He! He! He!
*Â Â *Â Â *
Thanks for your letters, all will be answered. Comments welcome at email@example.com, follow leoudtohan at Twitter /Facebook.