(UPDATED 1:17pm 7/8/16) More Ubay drug personalities have responded to Oplan Tokhang as the number of pushers and users who surrendered to the townâ€™s police hiked after the killing of suspected pusher Mario Ramos in a buy-bust operation in the said municipality Monday, July 4, 2016.
According to authorities in the town, more than 220 pushers and users surrendered starting Tuesday, July 5 as they Â vowed to stop their involvement in illegal drug activities.
Top personalities on the “drug watch list” of the Ubay police intelligence unit have also yielded to the townâ€™s cops, saidÂ PO2 Renato Cutaran of the Ubay police.
He also said that the mass surrender may have been prompted by the death of Ramos, who shot at an undercover cop, as they feared for their lives.
Of the 220, only two were women based on the policeâ€™s report.
According to Cutaran, some of the drug personalities are from barangays Tapon and Poblacion which are known to be heavily affected by illegal drugs, while others are from the townâ€™s 18 other villages.
More suspects continue to surrender at the Ubay police station and the authorities are expecting that more will yield until the last day of the implementation of Oplan Tokhang.
Superintendent Ricky Delilis, information officer of the Bohol Police Provincial Office, previously said that drug suspects in the police watch list who refuse to turn themselves in will immediately be apprehended through drug bust operations by the police. (with reports from Allen Doydora)