The chairmanship of various committees were distributed to board members who will comprise the 13th Sangguniang Panglungsod (SP) in Tagbilaran City yesterday.
According to city Vice Mayor Toto Veloso, presiding officer of the SP, the committee chairmanships were distributedÂ to both the returning city councilors and new ones during the inaugural session overseen by Mayor John Gessnell Yap.
- Vicente Polinar: external affairs, special affairs and public information
- Greggy Gatal: economic enterprise and privatization, tourism and information, and communication technology
- Eliezer Borja: peace, public order and safety; and personnel and reorganization
- Jonas Cacho: education, science and technology, arts, culture and heraldry; and youth and sports committees.
- Adam Jala: appropriations and accounts, city planning and public lands, rules
- Agustinus Gonzaga: justice, human rights, labor, and employment; ethics, good governance, public accountability and investigations
- Dulce Glovasa: agriculture, food, fisheries resources, and livelihood and cooperative
- Joseph Bompat: health, sanitation, and environmental protection, ways and means
- Alberta Torralba: social services; urban poor, women, children, and family relations; and trade, commerce, and industry
- Nicanor Besas: barangay affairs
- Philip Besas: energy, public utilities, franchise and transportation
Jala and Gonzaga are the floor and assistant floor leaders of the SP, respectively.
Assignments as administrative councilor for each barangays in the city were also announced yesterday.
- Jala: Dao, Tip-tip, San Isidro
- Glovasa: Pob III, Cogon
- Bompat: Dampas, Mansasa, Taloto
- Besas: Cogon, Booy, Mansasa
- Cacho: Cogon, Mansasa, Pob. I
- Polinar: Ubujan, Bool, Cabawan,
- Gonzaga: Pob. II, III, Dampas
- Torralba: Cogonm Manga, Pob. II
- Gatal: Booy, San Isidro, Taloto,
- Borja: Taloto, Manga, Dampas
- Besas: Dampasa, Mansasa
According to Veloso, the councilors will also be given chances to review committee reports, proposed resolutions, and impending bills.
Each councilor gave their first privilege speeches of the 13th SP stating their support for the new administration. (with reports from Allen Doydora)