Drug activities in Bohol will be wiped out in 75 days, the newly appointed Bohol police chief said.
According to PSSupt. Felipe Natividad, the new acting Bohol police director, he ordered police chiefs in every town to stamp out illegal drug activities in their respective areas ahead of the six-month deadline set by President Rodrigo Duterte.
Drug use and trade can be eradicated in two and a half months with the cooperation and vigilance of the public, Natividad said during the weekly â€œKita ug ang Gobernadorâ€ program held at the Governorâ€™s Mansion yesterday morning.
He added that the Bohol police authoritiesâ€™ war against drug activities is already â€œmore than 50 percent completeâ€ just two weeks into Duterteâ€™s term.
Of the three provinces in the region, Bohol has the highest tally of drug personalities who surrendered to police, leading Cebu and Siquijor by a couple thousands as of yesterday.
According to a BPPO data, more than 17,000 drug users and pushers have yielded to authorities and vowed to cut their involvement in drug crimes starting July 1, 2016.
Meanwhile, the BPPO has also intensified its drive against police personnel who are involved in illegal drug activities.
In the previous weeks, a number of policemen have undergone surprise drug testing including cops in Tagbilaran City led by its chief, Supt. George Vale.
So far, only one Bohol police officer has tested positive for drug use. (with reports from Rey Tutas)