Police in the province rounded up 129 drug personalities and seized P3,229,188 worth of shabu in 57 days of conducting anti-illegal drugs operations, the new director of the Bohol Provincial Police Office (BPPO) said.
The police amassed a drug haul with a total weight of 273.66 grams and comprised of shabu confiscated through police operations in various areas in Bohol since June 1, 2016 until July 27, BPPO director Senior Supt. Felipe Natividad said Friday in his first address to the Provincial Peace and Order Council (PPOC).
This month alone, 116.71 grams of shabu with an estimated street value of P1,377,178 were confiscated in 45 police operations which also led to the arrest of 70 drug personalities until July 27.
According to Natividad, 59 drug personalities were apprehended last month while the said suspects collectively yielded 156.28 grams of shabu estimated to be worth P1,844,104.
A total of 190 drug cases have been filed in court in less than two months.
Meanwhile, 30,287 drug personalities across the province have surrendered to authorities and pledged to cut their involvement in illegal activities since July 1, 2016.
A total of 29,108 users and 1,179 pushers have joined the mass surrender driven by the Philippine National Policeâ€™s implementation of Oplan Tokhang.
Based on a BPPO data, 17, 298 homes in the province have been subjected to the said operation.
Natividad also reported to the PPOC that five drug suspects were killed in police operations from July 1, 2016 until July 28.
Despite the slew of successful operations against drug personalities, Natividad acknowledged that drug activities would still persist which has prompted the BPPO to review the movement of drug operations in Bohol to finally stamp out illegal drug trade in the province. (Rey Tutas)