The Sangguniang Panlalawigan (SP) on Friday mulled implementing cautionary measures to keep Pokemon Go players safe from accidents and crimes while openly using their smartphones.
Board Member Tomas Abapo Jr., chair of the SP committee on rules, labor and employment, aired his concern on the dangers of playing Pokemon Go, which is often played outdoors, as he cited cases of crimes committed against its players, particularly students.
Abapo said that three minors in Bacolod City had their cellphones swiped by snatchers while playing the game earlier this month.
The concern has prompted the committee on education, headed by third district Board Member Elpidio Jala, to review the issue and devise measures to keep Pokemon GO players safe and also prevent the game from interfering with school activities.
In Cebu, the provinceâ€™s SP passed a resolution appealing to the Department of Education 7 to ban the use of the cellphone application inside schools.
Local governments across the country have also taken notice of the new craze which is being played inside schools, churches and even courtrooms and other government establishments.
In Manila, Albay Congressman Joey Salceda blamed Pokemon Go players for worsening the already terrible traffic in the country’s capital.
He said that those playing inside their cars are further slowing down traffic.
Meanwhile, a judge in Cebu issued warnings to people inside the courtroom after noticing that some were playing Pokemon Go using their smartphones inside theÂ Municipal Trial Court in Cities (MTCC) Branch 3.Â (Rey Tutas)