The Police Regional Office (PRO) assured the Bohol Sangguniang Panlalawigan (SP) on Friday that there would be no let up in its intensified implementation of security measures across Central Visayas.
Chief Supt. Noli TaliÃ±o, PRO 7 chief, addressed the SP on its regular session noting that there have been no reported terror threats in Region VII.
But the police official assured nonetheless that they are maintaining operations aimed at preventing incidents similar to the Davao City bombing.
He said that policemen in Central Visayas remain on full alert along with personnel of the Armed Forces of the Philippines.
In the aftermath of the Davao City blast, police have been setting up checkpoints and increasing its visibility throughout the country.
Authorities have also continuously asked the public to remain calm and be vigilant after the country was placed under a state of national emergency.
In accordance with the declaration, TaliÃ±o advised the public to refrain from spreading messages regarding unconfirmed threats which may cause unnecessary panic.
Instead of spreading unverified information, he asked the public to report these to authorities.
The PRO 7 director also guaranteed a sustained crackdown on illegal drugs as he reported to the SP the progress of Oplan Double Barrel, the Duterte administrationâ€™s blueprint in its war against narcotics.
In another speech in Bohol, TaliÃ±o claimed that the anti-crime drive of the Philippine National Police has been effective so far.
He said that incidences of crime in the region has decreased since Director Gen. Ronald dela Rosa took over the helm of the police force as he addressed cadets of the Bohol Institute of Technology. (Rey Tutas)