No blackout in Bohol for Sen. Pacquiao’s bout

Topic |  

No blackout in Bohol for Sen. Pacquiao’s bout

Topic |  
 ADVERTISEMENT 

The National Grid Corporation of the Philippines (NGCP) assured the public that there will be no power service interruption when Sen. Manny Pacquiao battles WBO welterweight champion Jessie Vargas on Sunday.

NGCP-Visayas spokesperson Betty Martinez said that the preventive maintenance of the Ormoc-Maasin 138kV Line 2 will not be held on Sunday contrary to previous reports, so Boholanos can watch the championship bout.

She said that the power interruption will either be on Nov.5 or 7 instead, depending on the intensity of Typhoon Marce.

The NGCP previously released an advisory noting that there will be a 12-hour total blackout on Sunday or Monday if the scheduled maintenance does not push through tomorrow due to bad weather.

 ADVERTISEMENT 

The operation will start at 6 a.m. and end at 6 p.m. on the same day.

Martinez noted that the preventive maintenance of the  Ormoc-Maasin 138kV Line 2 will affect power supply to the Bohol Light Company Inc., Bohol Electric Company (BOHECO 1 and 2) causing the balckout. (Allen Doydora)

FOR MOBILE USERS: Scroll down for more of today’s latest news posted below the comment box.

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

error: Content is protected !!