The owner of the house at an upscale subdivision in Dauis rented by the Mindanao-based Torralba Group is set to file charges against the swindling syndicate’s alleged leader, Feliza Domingo Torralba.
Analyn Antasuda on Monday said that she consulted her lawyer on the legal steps she will be taking against Torralba who allegedly carted away appliances from her house.
The Torralba Group rented Antasuda’s two-story house inside the posh Royal Palms last month and left on October 29 with her flat-screen TV, gas range, microwave oven and TV box, she added.
According to Antasuda, the swindling suspects before making their getaway, held a party at the said house and prepared lechon which were also served to the subdivision’s security guards.
Torralba and her cohorts then left at around 1 a.m. on October 29 and told security guards that they were on their way to Ubay to spend a day at the beach.
The suspects left on board three vehicles, one of which was filled with various merchandise swindles from their victims, said Antasuda.
At least 20 people have allegedly been scammed by the Torralba Group using bouncing checks but there are reportedly still others who have not reported to police having been victimized by the swindlers.
For his part, Bohol Provincial Police Office (BPPO) community relations chief Supt. George Vale said that the police’s investigation branch led by Supt. Rene Kyamko is still conducting a probe on the case.
Both Antusada and Vale also called on the other victims to present themselves versus authorities and also file charges against the suspects. (Allen Doydora)