A 16-year-old boy died after he was electrocuted at a disco held as part of pre-fiesta activities in Sevilla on Monday night, police said.
According to SPO4 Serlito Curayag of the Sevilla Police Station, the victim, a resident of Barangay Tigbao in Loboc, was urinating inside the disco area in Barangay Guinob-an when he was electrocuted.
Authorities believe that the victim accidentally touched an electrified metal frame of a sound box which may have faulty wiring.
The victim was found sprawled on the ground with some of his body parts showing signs of having exploded due to the electricity.
He was still rushed to a hospital but was declared dead on arrival by the attending physician.
According to Curayag, the owner of the sound box and the rest of the disco equipment may be held accountable for the incident.
Representatives from the sound systems provider, in turn, have coordinated with the victim’s family and expressed intent to take responsibility for the accidental electrocution. (Allen Doydora)