The Bohol Provincial Police Office (BPPO) through the Tubigon police station made its first drug bust in two months after the Philippine National Police (PNP) was pulled out from the government’s anti-drug drive.
BPPO operations officer Supt. Jonathan Satentes told dyRD Balita that the arrest against one Ryan Apaap, 26, on Tuesday was the first anti-drug operation in Bohol after President Rodrigo Duterte barred the PNP from conducting anti-drug operations starting October 10.
Although Duterte ordered the PNP to return to the government’s war on drugs in November, the BPPO, Satentes said, was given the go-signal by the regional police command in Cebu to carry out anti-drug operations on December 13.
According to SPO1 Ernesto Carcallas of the Tubigon police, Apaap was arrested in Barangay Ubujan of said town at past 1 a.m. on Tuesday through a drug buy-bust operation.
The suspect was allegedly caught in possession of several packets of shabu after he sold another pack of the illegal substance to a police poseur-buyer.
The seized drugs were estimated to be worth P2,300, said Carcallas.
According to Carcallas, Apaap, a resident of Barangay Potohan, Tubigon, previously surrendered under Oplan Tokhang but continued to conduct illegal drug operations.
Apaap is now detained at the Tubigon lock-up jail pending the filing of charges against him.
He will be facing criminal complaints for violating Sections 5 and 11 of Article II of Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002, said Carcallas. (Allen Doydora)