Bohol tourist arrivals to breach 1-M mark in 2-year span

Topic |  

Bohol tourist arrivals to breach 1-M mark in 2-year span

Topic |  
 ADVERTISEMENT 

The National Economic Development Authority expects tourist arrivals to Bohol to hit the 1-million mark in the next two to three years, said NEDA-7 director Efren Carreon during a hearing on the proposed pay hike for workers in Central Visayas held last week in Tagbilaran City.

According to Carreon, who is also a Regional Tripartite Wages and Productivity Board member for Region VII, completion of big-ticket projects such as the New Bohol Airport will boost tourist influx.

Carreon projected that such developments would bolster Bohol’s economic growth in the forthcoming years.

He acknowledged various sectors in Bohol as he noted that faster growth is expected in Bohol despite having been hit by a deadly 7.2-magnitude earthquake in 2013.

 ADVERTISEMENT 

Carreon ascribed the development to big projects that have been supported and allotted funds by the national government.

However, the chief economic planner in Central Visayas said that economic progress would entail challenges such as growing demands for water and power supply and adequate transportation.

Just recently, clamor for a sufficient and stable power source erupted anew as Bohol experienced a more than 20-hour blackout last Saturday.

According to provincial administrator Ae Damalerio, three big power companies are mulling to build a land-based power supply in Bohol.

He previously said that representatives from the companies have been driven to implement the project primarily due to the province’s growth, particularly in tourism. (Allen Doydora)

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

error: Content is protected !!