adplus-dvertising
Boy falls into charcoal pit in Getafe, suffers burns in ’30%’ of body

Boy falls into charcoal pit in Getafe, suffers burns in ’30%’ of body

Topic |  

Boy falls into charcoal pit in Getafe, suffers burns in ’30%’ of body

Topic |  
 ADVERTISEMENT 

A three-year-old boy suffered second-degree burns in “30 percent” of his body, mostly his lower extremities, after he fell into a charcoal pit in Getafe.

Adela Buñao, a relative of the victim, told dyRD Balita on Thursday that the boy was already in safe condition after he was operated on at the Governor Celestino Gallares Memorial Hospital in Tagbilaran City starting late night on Wednesday.

The boy was previously admitted at the Garcia Memorial Provincial Hospital in Talibon and was transferred to the GCGMH on Wednesday.

“Mana siya’g opera hantod ganihang kadlawon. Pag-abot namo diri sa Gallares, gi-operahan siya dayon. Gitanggal tong mga exposed na itom-itom unya naay mga unod-unod naa mga tubig kadto gipangtangtang to siya,” she said.

According to Buñao, the incident happened at 11 a.m. on Monday after the victim’s mother Mary Ann Cabusao left him with his grandmother in Barangay Buyog, Getafe.

 ADVERTISEMENT 

“So ang iyang mama [Cabusao] nangapply og trabaho sa Panglao tungod sa kawad-on. So iyang gibilin ang duha ka anak, didto sa iyang mama sa Getafe,” said Buñao.

The boy fell into the pit where charcoal was being made after he asked permission from his grandmother to urinate. The grandmother who was feeding the boy’s sister, then heard a scream.

“Mao na toy na [abtan] na nasud na diya siya sa gam-ananan sa uling,” she added.

The boy is now set to be transferred to the hospital’s burn unit for further treatment.

“Gi explainan mi ganina na di siya matawag na third-degree burn, naa ra siya sa tunga-tunga sa second ug third,” said Buñao.

“Ibalhin siya sa burn unit. Need siya ibalhin didto kay aron likayan ang infection,” she added. (AD)

 ADVERTISEMENT 

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

error: Content is protected !!