A fire which broke out inside a roadside house in Carmen, Bohol left one passerby injured and P150,000 worth of property damage, not including an electrical post which was toppled due to the blaze, fire authorities said.
The flames which erupted at past 1 p.m. on Saturday razed the house owned by one Sergio Gabito, 57, and which was made of light materials in Barangay Poblacion Sur, said Fire Officer 3 Eleoterio Pondivilla of the Carmen Fire Station.
Pondivilla said that a Bohol Electric Cooperative electrical post was toppled after it was damaged by the fire, hitting a tricycle driven by one Neri Labuhos. He sustained injuries but was in stable condition.
Authorities were alerted of the fire emergency at 1:25 p.m. and the blaze was declared fire out at 2:30 p.m.
According to Pondovilla, they are eyeing faulty electrical wiring as cause of the fire.
Gabito’s sons, aged nine and 11, who were inside the house when the fire started told authorities that they heard spark sounds right before they saw flames starting to engulf their home.
They were able to flee from the fire and were uninjured.
Fire investigators meanwhile continued their investigation on the case. (A. Doydora)