In the wake of the Davao City bombing that left 14 dead and scores wounded, the Bohol Provincial Police Office (BPPO) vowed to sustain its intensified drive against illegal drugs while policemen are also on red alert as the President declared a state of lawlessness in the country.
According to Ricky Delilis, BPPO public information officer, the local police force will continue to go after drug personalities in Bohol despite a heavier workload for policemen amid efforts to tighten security in the province.
Delilis said that that the workload has been divided among teams of the BPPO.
Several policemen will be manning checkpoints around Bohol which will be set up round the clock and securing public places such as bus terminals, the airport and seaports.
Meanwhile, other BPPO police units will be continuing the implementation of Oplan Double Barrel, the Duterte administrationâ€™s blueprint for its drug war.
Delilis made it clear that there will be no letup in the BPPOâ€™s drive against drugs as it continues to move toward the governmentâ€™s goal of stamping out illegal narcotics trade in the country within the first six months of the Duterte administration.
In the aftermath of the Davao City bombing on Friday night, last week, Duterte immediately declared a state of lawless violence in the country.
Although the Abu Sayaff has claimed that it was behind the night market blast, some have speculated that big-time drug personalities were behind the perceived terrorist attack.
They said that the incident was devised to divert the governmentâ€™s attention to the perpetrators of the bombing, and away from illegal drug activities.
However, Duterte told media that the drug-related killings and illegal narcotics activities were among the grounds behind his declaration of a state of lawlessness.
For his part, Delilis said that so far, Bohol remains peaceful while no terror threats have been received by the BPPO. (Allen Doydora) Â