The Commission on Elections (COMELEC) in Bohol has cancelled the voter registration for the Sangguniang Kabataan and barangay elections in the province.
According to Elesio Labaria, provincial election supervisor, the COMELEC head office has not given them the go signal to push through with the registration which will supposedly start on Monday, next week.
Labaria told DYRD Balita that the new date for the registration will be announced once COMELEC releases a resolution regarding the activity.
The COMELEC official said that President Rodrigo Duterte has still not signed the postponement measure passed by both houses of Congress.
Labara said that the President must first sign the postponement into a law before the registration can be scheduled soon as conducting voter registration is prohibited within 120 before an election.
The SK and barangay election was previously set to be conducted on October 31, 2016, and was moved to October 27, 2017.
Base on date from the COMELEC provincial office, 47,590 in the 15-17 age bracket have already registered for the SK elections and 13,361 in the 18-above bracket while 2,883 have reactivated their registration. (Rey Tutas)
FOR MOBILE USERS: Scroll down for more of todayâ€™s latest news posted below the comment box.