Swedish national dies of electrocution at Panglao resort

Topic |  

Swedish national dies of electrocution at Panglao resort

Topic |  
 ADVERTISEMENT 

Alona Hidden Dream Resort in Barangay Tawala|Photo: Alona Hidden Dream Resort’s website

A 59-year-old Swedish national died on Wednesday morning after he was accidentally electrocuted within the grounds of a Panglao resort where he and his girlfriend were staying.

The victim, identified as Bengt Gustaf Ludvig Linne, was rushed to the Borja Family Hospital in Tagbilaran City. But he was later declared dead by the attending physician.

Panglao’s municipal engineer has been tasked to identify the cause of the electrocution and to determine if the resort can be held liable for the fatal accident.

In a report, police said that Linne and his girlfriend, Nemia Baylen, were walking along a pathway inside the Alona Hidden Dream Resort in Barangay Tawala when both of them fell to the ground.

 ADVERTISEMENT 

Baylen was able to immediately stand up and ask for help from a resort employee who later found out that the puddle in the area was exposed to a live wire.

Employees of the resort then turned off the establishment’s circuit breaker to allow resort staff to move Linne’s body.

Authorities noted that it rained prior to the accident. (ad)

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

error: Content is protected !!