A total of 88 uniformed police personnel of the Bohol Provincial Police Office (BPPO) were promoted to the next rank as part of regular promotions of the Philippine National Police.
Three senior inspectors, seven inspectors and one senior police officer 4 from the BPPO were promoted to the next rank during a mass promotion ceremony held on Monday at the Police Regional Office (PRO) 7 headquarters in Camp Sergio Osmeña in Cebu City.
The 36 commissioned police officers and 52 non-commissioned police officers from Bohol along with other cops in the region took oath before PRO 7 director Chief Supt. Debold Sinas.
The following commissioned officers were promoted:
FROM SENIOR INSPECTOR TO CHIEF INSPECTOR
- Hernan Legaspi of the Carmen PS
- Mercedarius Balabat III of the Inabanga PS
- Norman Nuez of the Loon PS
FROM INSPECTOR TO SENIOR INSPECTOR
- Geronimo Conarco of the Panglao PS
- Mario Monillas of the Trinidad PS
- Lito Rosales of the Garcia Hernandez PS
- Fernando Peroramas of the Clarin PS
- Rosemarie Avenido of the Corella PS
- Sinforiano Abay-abay of the Calape PS
- Narciso Lagura of the Getafe PS
Sinas, in a speech, reiterated his call for the police to remain upright in carrying out duties and to refrain from taking protection money from drug personalities.
For his part, BPPO director Senior Supt. Angeles Geñorga who accompanied the Bohol police officers said that with their promotions, police officers should be prepared to take on bigger responsibilities.
The Central Visayas police officers were accorded the promotion after completing the first semester of the regular promotion schooling program for this year. (RT)