Several sea trips in Bohol have been cancelled on Friday morning due to rough seas and amid a gale warning hoisted over the central and eastern seaboards of the Visayas.
According to Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) Bohol, the following trips have been cancelled:
- Super Shuttle 28 (Jagna to Camiguin at 1 p.m.)
- Ocean Jet 888 (Tagbilaran to Dumaguete at 7:30 a.m.)
- Oceant Jet 7 (Tagbilaran to Plaridel at 8 a.m.)
- Ocean Jet 5 ( Tagbilaran to Larena at 10L20 a.m.)
- Ocean Jet 388 (Tagbilaran to Cenu at 10:40 a.m.)
- 2Go Supercat (Tagbilaran to Cebu at 11 a.m.)
Although they were not barred from departing, management teams of both Ocean Jet and Supercat decided to cancel their trips, while other vessels which are below 250 gross tonnage were prohibited from setting sail.
The PCG said that all motorbancas servicing the Getafe-Cebu route were grounded.
Motorbanca trips from Ubay to Hilongos, Leyte at 8:30 a.m. and 9 a.m. were cancelled as well.
Motorbancas in Clarin and Inabanga were also barred from departing for Cebu.
Meanwhile, vessels and motorbancas in Tubigon are conducting normal operations. (AD)