adplus-dvertising
Welder dies of electrocution in Panglao

Welder dies of electrocution in Panglao

Topic |  

Welder dies of electrocution in Panglao

Topic |  
 ADVERTISEMENT 

A 40-year-old welder working at an under-construction house in Panglao died after he accidentally touched a live wire on Wednesday morning.

The fatality identified as Filmore Abejaron of Barangay Bingag in Dauis, was declared dead on the spot by municipal physician Doctor Annie Villanueva, said Staff Sgt. Gerald Rollon of the Panglao Police Station.

Abejaron was tapping the electrical wiring of a portable welding machine when he accidentally touched a live wire and fell. The construction site’s foreman, Alan Pepito, broke Abejaron’s fall but he was already unconscious.

“Murag napanit na wire. Expected nato na napanit or naa g’yuy depekto daan ning wiring,” said Rollon.

 ADVERTISEMENT 

Other workers at the under-construction house in Purok 7, Barangay Tawala in Panglao tried to revive the victim but to no avail.

Based on the findings of Villanueva, Abejaron died of electrocution.

“Pag abot sa atoang mga personnel, gahigda na didto sawog ning biktima kuyog nila ang atoang Municpal Health personnel,” said Rollon.

According to Rollon, they were not informed on whether or not the construction firm or the owner of the house extended aid to the victim’s family. (A. Doydora)

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

error: Content is protected !!