A fire which broke out on Thursday night inside an eatery across the Carlos P. Garcia Park at the new Capitol site in Tagbilaran City left P360,000 worth of property damage.
No one was injured during the fire which erupted at around 10:15 p.m and was put out at around 10:40 p.m.
According to Fire Officer 2 Dominic de Castro, investigator for the Tagbilaran City Fire Station, overloaded electrical connection could have sparked the fire.
“Naa man ilang caretaker natulog didto na si Glendol Anuta nakita niya na nisiga ang wire. Mao to na nidagan siya,” he said.
The fire only damaged a portion of the establishment, Rosela’s Eatery, which is located inside a building owned by Cesaria Anquillano along Lino Chatto Drive in Barangay Cogon.
The flames did not spread to other establishments.
Meanwhile, de Castro warned the public against the use of “octopus connections” and the use of old electrical wires which pose as fire safety risks.
He said that households should have their electrical wirings checked if these are still enough to carry their electrical load.
“Mga wirings ipa-check nato kung atong gipataod before is capable pa ba sa paghandle sa inyong electrical load karong panhuna,” de Castro said.
“Peligro kaayo kay sauna gamay ra ang inyong electrical load, gamay pud ang wirings na inyong gipataod unya karon daghan nag appliances, daghan nag gadgets mao ny peligro kaayo,” he added. (R. Tutas)